That's it, we have finally let the bunnies out of the bag and Estiah2 is live after years of hard works. How many years was that? We stopped counting after we missed the initial 2010 winter promise. Well, we hadn't promised anything, not exactly, we only posted a teaser :)
The road to this day was long but the amazing part is, despite all the time we took, we actually never went into a hiatus. There were sunny days and then rainy ones, but not a single day has passed without us thinking “What should we do next for Estiah2?”, “What changes should we make to improve the game?”, “What's the game they want to play?”. And then, we are finally here, www.estiah2.com
up and running. Since bunnies are cold-blooded killers, they don't get emotional. But then we saw all the Estiah1 veterans still sticking with us after almost eight years, we had to shed a tear or two. Because personally, we don't think there is any game we've been playing for eight years, although we are huge fans of video games ourselves (yeah, we suck, we need more resolve).
So first thing first, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank the following players who have helped us tremendously during the beta testing, improved the game in every way imaginable. Without them, we wouldn't have done this: (Not in any particular order)
- A few Estiah2 dungeons are actually his work, and it's fairly safe to say he tested the game more than any of us. And he's done so much for Estiah1 too!
- How many characters did you make during the beta?
- Improved the game in every way he could think of. And when we are too busy to implement his suggestions, he took things into his own hands to make game add-ons.
- Relentless tester, his straight-to-the-point remarks helped us notice how many stupid game choices we've made. And one of the dungeons is also his work!
- He played so much and leveled so fast that, at one point we said to each other: “OK, we have to rework all the game values because someone finished the game in a few days.”
Then there were players we didn't know from the old days, but who worked with incredible motivation nevertheless:
(and many others!) - They have translated the whole game into Chinese in merely two weeks and their texts flow with quality and passion. We really don't know how to thank them enough.
- Our french translation team! They are not as many in number but they are equally motivated as their counterpart. We are sure that given enough time, we'll see the game fully translated into French too.
This is supposed to be a game announcement post but somehow turned into a “thank-you” one. Anyway, all of them deserved our heartfelt gratitude and there were many we could not possibly list them all. So, thank you very much to all who helped us during all these years. And finally, a big thanks to our bunnies as well, for they have worked hard, for they have been sacrificed for no particular reason, for they have delicious meat.
There's no point in making games that ourselves don't want to play. Estiah2 as it stands today is something we love and we are proud to show to the world. And we sincerely hope players veteran or new will like it too. So, to all of you we have only one last thing to say: enjoy the game :)